Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ma! I'm boooooooooooored...

For the past few days (well, two weeks, if truth be told) I've been having a repeat of my horrible stomach issues from earlier this year. I'd been without them for a few months, and I think I'd talked myself out of how bad they actually were.

They were bad. This most recent batch has been an awful reminder of just how bad these issues were.

This sucker is going to be way bigger than the estimated 37 inches across.

ANYWAY, self-pity aside, I've been knitting like a fiend in an attempt to distract myself from the aforementioned issues.

So, the good news:

  1. I lost five pounds. I would love to attribute this to knitting, but I rather suspect it is from not eating. Go figure. I mean really, who knew that eliminating three meals from your day would cause such significant weight loss? (that was sarcasm)
  2. Almost finished the Travel Shawl.
  3. I have made considerable progress on the Lettuce. Still looks like a big orange blob though.
  4. Am feeling better today. I have hope that it will last.
look! Pretty lace edging. That you can sort of see. Sorry. It's still an amorphous blob.

The bad news:
  1. I'm now in the incredibly boring garter stitch edge of the Travel Shawl. It's really boring.
  2. The Lettuce is in stockinette stitch. The ENTIRE THING. It is stockinette. This is really boring.
  3. I'm bored.
What next? I need a new project (something that I don't need to buy yarn for). Any suggestions?

Yes, thank you, I'm glad that you've psychically memorized my entire stash and can then pull patterns out of thin air for me. That's awesome.

6 comments:

  1. My deepest sympathy on your stomach issues, I know exactly how frustrating that can be. I just wish I could manage to actually loose some weight while I'm at it too :)

    I'd love to see you tackle one of the projects from the New England knits book, as I'm very curious about those patterns. Alas, I haven't managed to memorize your stash (I hardly keep track of my own :), but there might be something you could match?

    Hugs / Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear that you haven't been well, hope you are feeling a bit better

    I think you need a small beret in preparation for the autumn - ishbel has a small amount of rib and lots of interesting lace, or snap dragon both Ysolda patterns really well written and quick knits

    Or mittens - and some colourwork - endpaper mitts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen "Watershed"? It's a little vest that is really interestingly constructed. I'm nearly done with mine and it's been really enjoyable...and it's not even taking 2 skeins of Cascade 220.

    So sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I am a gluten-free girl, so I completely understand those stomach issues. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that your stomach issues are clearing. I hope tonight's sauerbraten episode doesn't bring them back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stomach problems are just awful! I hope you are truly in a recovery phase. I would rather do Weight Watchers than lose weight through illness (speaking as someone who just started Weight Watchers AGAIN).

    I love fingerless gloves as a quick cure for knitting boredom. Lepidoptera is a quick and fun pattern. And it's free.

    ReplyDelete