Thursday, October 1, 2009

uncurling...

For the past few weeks I've been working on a post about creativity and its resurgence into my little existence here. It's taking me a long time to write, longer than pretty much any other short piece I've ever done anywhere. And it's a tough post. To write it, I've really had to do a lot of archaeology, and it's not something that I think should be done quickly.

But for now... I am finally starting to feel a little bit lighter. Recovery from the past year has begun. I feel freer than I have in a long time, and once in a while something overwhelmingly positive comes out of my mouth, which is a welcome change.

My family and I have had a very rocky past few years, which has made all of us stronger and closer. I am so thankful for that.

I'm learning to love process rather than product, and I'm thankful for that.

I'm learning about taking things more slowly, rather than blowing through life as if I'm running out of time... very thankful for that.


And because I'm a total idiot, I completely forgot to credit the above photo. It's from Aussiegall's beautiful photostream on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment