Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Nesting Continues

Yesterday's cooking experiment was a success. The roasted parsnip bread pudding was fabulous. My husband (the brilliant chef in his own right - far better than I) said that it was perfectly seasoned, and only had a couple of tweaks that I agreed with. Georgia tried a couple of bites of the bread, but wasn't really that into it. She didn't like the batatoes (the parsnips).

The trip to Michael's was a little long. It was raining the entire day, and when it rains in NYC, well... one gets very very wet.

We went to the cathedral of Saint John the Divine en-route to Michaels.

(photo from zagatbuzz @ flickr)

The last time I'd been there, Georgia was very tiny, and most of the nave was blocked off due to a huge fire. Yesterday the entire nave was open and the interior is just beautiful. Georgia really loved it, although she said it was a little scary. She really didn't like going into the chapels off to the side of the nave, although the baptismal chapel won her over (due to the gorgeous stained glass in the ceiling).

Of course, I didn't bring the camera.

Got totally lost between St. John's and Michaels. For some reason I thought it was four blocks further west than it was. I had to stop under an awning during a particularly brutal part of the rainstorm and call Bruce to figure out where the hell it was. I couldn't find Whole Foods either, and by the time I called Bruce, Georgia was just crying and yelling "I WANNA GET OUT OF THE RAIN!"

So I was stomping around muttering "God-damnit, we will go to the craft store if it kills us!"

Poor kid.

Anyway, it turns out that Whole Foods and Michaels are in the same shopping center (duh) so I found them both. Wunnerful.

Georgia and I got some felt and glitter glue to make some pumpkins. I'm not sure if we're going to make three-dimensional ones, or cut them flat and make little pumpkin bags or what. But either way, it should be fun.

I should be able to get some photos of that.

The knitting

The knitting continued extraordinarily quickly last night. Bruce, Georgia and I watched Nancy Drew and I knitted.

I can't figure out whether or not to post pictures of this project, so I guess I'll hold off for the time being.



1 comment:

  1. I'm so envious about St. John the Divine. Not so envious about the rain. And the parsnips were AMAZING.

    Nancy Drew wasn't.

    ReplyDelete