Monday, October 5, 2009

Some inspiring news

My awesome friend J. has placed in two different photo contests, one for Islands magaize, and one for Caribbean Travel + Life.

I was so excited when I found the second on on the newsstand at Borders. I immediately bought a copy and flipped to her photos. My favorite is this one:


The colors are so beautiful. I kinda want to knit something with those colors now. And I love the almost Japanese look to the photo. It's just amazing.

So yeah, this one is definitely going into my inspiration file.

2 comments:

  1. Now girlfriend.......you knew I'd think this post was interesting!! bwahahahahahahah.....thanky ma'am!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For my buddy:

    Bokeh. What is it and how is it pronounced?
    Bokeh, which is pronounced bow-kay or bow-keh, refers to the wonderful out-of-focus light and shapes and colors you find in the background of many photos taken with a digital camera. It is created by light and glass (in your lens) and distance and wind and focus. Here’s the definition from Dictionary.com:
    Main Entry: bokeh
    Part of Speech: n
    Definition: a Japanese term for the subjective aesthetic quality of out-of-focus areas of a photographic image

    ReplyDelete