Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Few Photos

Here's me and my beautiful daughter and husband trying to stay warm on Sunday. The heat hadn't been turned on yet, and it was cold cold cold. Also, note the competing patterns on my child. She informed us, quite vociferously, that she matched because both the shirt and the pants had flowers on them, and they both had dark pink.


Here's some of the gorgeous Briar Rose yarn I picked up in Rhinebeck. Winding this yarn was a friggen disaster. It took Bruce and I a ridiculous amount of time to untangle it (I think five hours or so). Although, can I say just how blessed I am to have a husband who is willing to help me untangle 400 yards of yarn?


The yarn in a lovely little cake! YAY! And that's the last you'll see of this stuff, because it is about to become a Christmas present for somebody.

4 comments:

  1. First, let me just say that I am so proud of your DAILY posting on your blob, er, blog. I knew this would be the kick-off into your world of writing again. Makes me verah happy!
    Secondly, I would like to add that seeing the family lookin' like snuggle bunnies also makes me verah happy!! Matching or not!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the family pic, and our girls definitely share the same reasoning when it come to matching clothes. I love the way they think!
    The tangled up yarn makes me glad I don't knit, but YAY for you and super husband for getting it all straightened out. I can't wait to see what it becomes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta say, untangling the yarn together was a lot like the spaghetti scene in Lady in the Tramp.

    Done in INCREDIBLY slow motion, of course...

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have so much more patience than I do. If I get yarn knots like that I just throw it across the room and cry in frustration. The cake looks lovely though! That yarn is going to be beautiful knit up!

    ReplyDelete