Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Damnson

The damnable Damson is still getting in my way. I honestly do not know what in the hell is wrong with me. Two right side rows ago, I was was stitch under the count that I needed to be at, and on the last right side row, I was one stitch over. Damn(son)it. ARGH.

Anyway, I'm only about 10 rows from the end, so I just worked on making my stitch count correct through, um... cheating (adding and subtracting where I needed to) and will plow through the stupid thing so that maybe I can wear it to Rhinebeck this weekend. Where, as it just so happens, Ysolda Teague, the designer of the damnable Damson, will be. And then I can act like a totally slavish fangirl to one of my favorite designers. Heh.

That's pretty much it. I haven't had much time to knit on anything else as I'm desperately trying to finish up the Damnson.

I'll be diving into the Featherweight next. Woo! Less counting!

In other news

Completely non-knitting related, my sister-in-law, Ella, had Georgia at home today (as it is Columbus Day in the US) and they went to the Guggenheim where they sat in front of various Kandinsky paintings and drew. Georgia wasn't too fond of Kandinsky at first. She said it was "messy." Ella says that George warmed up to them after doing some drawings from his stuff, though.

Here is one of Georgia's creations and the Kandinsky that inspired it:


Georgia's interpretation of a Picasso (Ella helped with the spiral and the lettering):


The next drawing isn't from their Guggenheim outing, but it's one of my favorites of hers. Plus, it clearly delineates Georgia's complete immersion in her deconstructionist phase:


The drawing on the right is one that my friend Sachi did for Georgia while we were all bored waiting for our food at a restaurant. The one on the left is Georgia's interpretation of it.

Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment