Thursday, December 17, 2009

Too tired to knit

Last night on my way home from work, I was too tired to knit. I came home and collapsed for about a half hour before Georgia started having a minor emergency, which got me moving. Then the toilet got clogged. Then something else happened. Then...

ANYWAY, yes, still working on Bruce's sweater. Apparently my whining about the project on ye olde blogge is causing my husband to feel guilt about the interminable sweater process. Heh. What can I say? He's half Catholic, half Jewish. In his words, a "guilt connoisseur"

No worries, sweetie. I promise, I'm enjoying the whinging almost as much as the knitting.

And this morning, in my brilliant pre-coffee brilliantness, I decided "oh, I have enough yarn for another two or three rows before I complete this sleeve" and then got to the last row and ran out of yarn in the middle of the bind off.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE.

So I decided, five minutes before getting off the train to rip out all three rows and put the stitches back on the needles.

Yeah. Smart. That's me. Real EFFIN smart.

Let's just say that I probably lost a good five or six rows and I still haven't gotten the stitches back on the needles yet entirely. This should be interesting.

I'm rippin it like Penelope, yo. (although I can only pronounce that PEE-nah-Lope now, to some movie or another that I'm sure my husband will immediately reference in the comments.)

I'll post on my reconstructive progress tomorrow.

sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I am so not going to reference Club Dread. You can't make me do it.

    And yes, I feel really bad about all the stitches that you've ripped. Want a back rub?

    ReplyDelete