Saturday, December 12, 2009

The falling light of a Northern sun...

TEA COZY WATCH 2009!

I'm done. It was a race against time today to finish the thing before sundown so that I could actually photograph it.

Here we are:

(Bessie graciously consented to model. Also, she's the only teapot I have.)

Noro Kureyon, color 147, less than two skeins (but you will need a full two if you want to match stripes. Size 7 dpns, size 8 circular (16 inch).


Also, the koolass (koolhaas)


Malabrigo Worsted, Emerald colorway, considerably less than one skein, good GOD I'm pale. Wow. And size 7 or 8 dpns (I can't remember. Probably 8s)

Next time I'm going to add a LOT more ribbing to the bottom edge.

7 comments:

  1. Love the hat! The color is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the tea cosy pattern you've used but I can't seem to find any I like. Where did you find yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duh, the patterns are as follows:

    1. Tea Cozy: Kureyon Kozy from Knitty. I'd link to it, but for some reason I can't put links into my comment. Weird.

    2. Koolhaas Hat from Interweave Knits (various issues). You can buy the pattern from their online store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tea cosy looks so cool, I especially love how the little cow head pokes out of one end! So cute.
    I love the pattern on the hat too, it looks like it must have been hard to knit it that way.
    Oh, how I wish I could actually crochet or knit something...

    x Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. See? Now, I see why they call it a Kool Ass hat!! It's pretty damned kool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your koolhass is gorgeous! I love that blue on you.

    The tea cosy is also very nice! I'm amused that you have a cow tea pot. It would go well with my elephant tea pot.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're not really that pale. Seriously, it's something about the light and the flash and ... stuff.

    ReplyDelete