I thought I had finally conquered the issues with the cabled panels on Bruce's Sweater (Terry's Pullover) that I have been working on for an eternity. (November 9, 2009). Ok, so it only FEELS like an eternity.
I ripped, reknitted, discovered that it still wasn't right, ripped, reknitted (repeat x5).
On Saturday I sat down on the subway (apparently, this is where I concentrate the best, go figure) and recharted the entire cabled section by hand on graph paper, with only a little interference from Georgia. I would put a picture of it up here and all, but unfortunately, it would go against a copyright or something, and I don't wanna do that.
The re-charting worked. I had a lovely visual of how the entirety of the cabled section looked, and I put in helpful directional arrows reminding me which way I should be reading the chart on any given side.
Of course, now I've discovered that I have about 60 too many stitches left on my needles at the end of the cabled section (oops) and am scrambling a little madly to reduce the number of stitches as fast as I can before it's time to shut this thing down.
Also, it looks like I'm going to have enough yarn to finish the sweater. Phew.
Here are some crappy pictures taken at night: