Monday, February 22, 2010

Francis, Revisted

It was supposed to be warmer today so I went outside to knit. And I did, despite the fact that it was. not. warm. At all.

Anyway, here are the fruits of my labor:

(just looked at this photo again, and DAMN the light was good today)


Here's a shot of the view from my knitting spot:


With the Statue of Liberty behind it: (yeah, I know, wah wah wah, it was cold, wah, you can see the Statue of Liberty from your knitting spot, quit whining, jeeze!)


Another shot, just because: (that's Staten Island in the background there)



In other news I discovered that I completely screwed up my Damson this weekend, and will have to rip about 30 rows. Amazingly enough, my screwup didn't affect the stitch count. It just looks ugly. Le Sigh.

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful spot to sit and knit! It could be a little warmer, so you may whine a little. But dang, that view! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an amazing spot to sit ... and even though I'm in Australia I was in New York about six months ago and I actually know where you were sitting. That is so exciting (for me of course) because before it was just a place.I'll stop rambling now ... just too amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I forgot all about knitting when I saw these photos. What a view! Can't belive you actually live in this town, oh my - what a dream!!
    And your knitting looks good too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love it when the light is nice? Those pictures are great! It seems as though you knit like the wind! Yes, I believe you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, today I was definitely knitting *in* the wind...

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, love! How lucky you are to have the Statue of Liberty within knitting-spot-distance! I finally went to see the fine lady liberty in person last May, and she's even prettier in person. I'd love to explore NYC a bit more...

    I meant to thank you, a looong time ago, for your tips on wearing red lipstick. I am most definitely going to give them a try!

    Cheers!
    Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's funny -- when I look at that shot of Lady Liberty, the first thing I think of is the FRIGID wind that comes off New York harbor. Dress warmly!

    ReplyDelete