Sunday, February 14, 2010

Bread Experiement Part II

I baked the bread this evening. Forgot to take a picture when it came out of the oven. Well, "forgot" as in, we grabbed a knife and dove right in.

Here's what was left:



Review thus far, making the dough is quite easy, even for a newbie like me. When I took it out of the fridge to rise for 40 minutes it never really got to room temperature so it was still cold when I put it in the oven. I don't really feel like it rose enough the second time around before baking. It was a little dense. Delicious, but dense.

Also, I completely screwed up the cutting on the top. Oops. Newbie mistake. Fortunately my bread baking expert husband was on hand to give me advice for the next time.

Overall, the results were good, but the technique needs a little tweaking. I'll try again tomorrow.

In other news, we went to the Botanical Gardens today (Below's a little preview of what I'll post tomorrow.)

Yep, we spent quite a bit of time in the conservatory.


Despite the lure of the conservatory, Georgia and I did have a good time tromping around in the incredibly deep snow and we trekked up a steep hill in the "arctic tundra."

1 comment:

  1. The bread looks yummi! And you are so lucky to have an expert to advise you - my DH is even worse on cooking than me :-) Beautiful photo of the flower, it must be great to have a botanical garden so close. The feeling of summer all around the year :-)

    ReplyDelete