Friday, February 12, 2010

I mean, really...

...it's not that I'm not knitting. It's just that I'm in a kind of holding pattern. Chugging away (miraculously problem free, knock on wood) on Damson II, and still waiting to do the seams on Bruce's sweater.

The pictures of the Damson from today look, well, much like the pictures from two days ago. Except bigger.

I started to swatch for Coraline last night, and glory be, for once in my life I'm spot on. Same needle size and everything. Go figure.

Anyway, I was reading about Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day on somebody's blog (I just went and searched and couldn't find it. If it's you, PLEASE take credit for it in the comments) and it sounded fascinating. I poked around some on B&N and Amazon for reviews and people are just raving about it, so I had a hankering to make bread and a coupon to Borders, so I bought it today!

I'll report back on how well it works on Sunday or Monday. Tomorrow is a kiddo's birthday.

5 comments:

  1. It was Rainy Daisy! I found her. Her rewview of the book is here:
    http://rainydaisylady.blogspot.com/2010/02/book-review-artisan-bread-in-five.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I would really liked to join you in the city NY! I am a citygirl with all my heart, and it is just a mistake that I live in the countryside :-) NY must be the town over all town's, not that I have been there - but I have seen television and dvd's. If I ever go to the US, this town is high priority! Here we say that people have green fingers - the opposite is to not have green fingers - simple as that :-)
    That bread look goood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a reference to the Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes in this blog, AND A RECIPE POSTED TOO!

    http://krisgardens.blogspot.com/2008/01/artisan-bread-in-five-minutes-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. followup-I got into the actual website and OMG I am hooked!! I must have a Danish Dough Whisk!!!

    cut to the chase: here's teh link: http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been lusting after this book for the longest time! You also reminded me that I have a great coupon to boarders as well...

    ReplyDelete