Monday, February 1, 2010

I am an FO machine!

Well, I finished my scarf yesterday afternoon, and I'm pleased to tell you that it can definitely handle weather colder than 20 degrees F. My neck was nice and toasty warm.

So, that's three FOs (Finished Object, Janey) for January! The Liesl, the Citron and my scarf. Whatever I'm going to call it.

I'm also making great progress on Ella's sweater (which is the featherweight cardigan) and will likely be done with that in the next few days.

I really don't feel like dealing with DPNs (Double Pointed Needles, J.) for the sleeves so I'm probably going to either teach myself magic loop or go up to Purl Soho on my lunch break and pick up some short circular Addis.

And I realized today that my entire collection of needles is a gigantic mess, so I need to do some organizing pretty quickly here.

I'm rethinking my friend's Phyllotaxis. I don't think the yarn I'm using is quite the correct one for him, so I'll probably frog what I have thus far, rewind the yarn and try another one. He did mention that he'd like something machine washable, so maybe some Berocco Vintage?

Any other ideas for some nice soft machine washable yarn suitable for a scarf?

4 comments:

  1. I'm a little jealous of the fact that you can go to purl soho on your lunch break and pick up some addis. Its on my list of places to visit if I ever make it to New York.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is great, 3 FOs in a month! Bet you can find some great yarn for that scarf, US yarnshops have a lot of goodies I have heard :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous that you can go up to Purl Soho! Ha - I just saw the first comment! LOL

    I like Marbles Chunky yarn, but it's total acrylic, but has nice colors, and I liked knitting with it. I've heard about Berroco Vintage, and would love to give it a try someday. I think it's a good choice from what I've heard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you'll love magic loop! I don't do DPNs, so it's always either two 24"s or magic loop. And I learned magic loop from YouTube, so it's not difficult at all.

    ReplyDelete