Friday, November 6, 2009

Sort of Live Blogging of the Ticker Tape Parade

8:20 am: Getting off the subway at Wall Street was nearly impossible due to the large numbers of totally drunk Yankees fans forgetting what they were doing. Or something.

8:25 am: Realize that I can't cross Broadway to get my Friday cup of coffee. Sigh.

8:30 am: So exactly what time are these people getting up that they are so stinkin drunk at 8:30 in the morning?

9:00 am: Realize that our office view is mostly blocked by scaffolding. Stupid construction. We're all going to have to peer out the side windows.

9:20 am: I'm in my office on the 21st Floor on the side of the building AWAY from Broadway, and the noise from the street is deafening. The parade doesn't start for another hour and half. Can't imagine what it's going to be like when the parade actually starts.

2 comments:

  1. thanks.....you've just explained ONE more reason why I LOVE being in NYC in the fall......sniff, sniff.....
    God, I love it there. The energy is just undescribable.

    ReplyDelete