Tuesday, January 12, 2010

More of the Same

Still working on the sweater of doom. I got up to the point where the next split yesterday, and then I think I screwed up the cable pattern. Oops. I put it down for a bit and I'll go back to it tonight to see if I really did screw up. I'll only have to rip out two or three rows if I did, so that's not a huge problem. Just a slightly sucky one.
And I'm almost done with the Citron. I'm down to my fifth and final section, just about done with the ruched part, and will go on to the final variegated part before knitting on the ruffle. Very exciting.

Next I think I'm going to knit myself some Snapdragon Flip-tops and the Snapdragon Tam by Ysolda Teague. Here are some pics (courtesy of Ysolda's site, here):


Please, please, please support independent designers. If you like her patterns, please purchase them for yourselves.

Ysolda has an amazing site, and does incredible work. (As do many other indie designers)

I heard about a terrible design infringement here. And I heard about a person reverse engineering a knitting pattern because she didn't think it was right to sell a pattern for $5 a pop.

(which drives me absolutely batty. That's so rude.)

Anyway, yeah. Support awesome indie designers. That would be my point. Don't steal their stuff, please.

(and on that note, I hope Ysolda doesn't mind that I borrowed her pix for my blog. Heh. Should probably ask in the future. At least I gave her credit, right?)

6 comments:

  1. Damn straight! Support intellectual property! And if you borrow from an online writer, be sure to attribute the original author! RAWR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful hat and mittens, I love that color! Stealing is so low. If my English was better, I would give you a looong comment here. Keep up the good work on the sweater, you will adore it when it is finished :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops...think ya hit a nerve with the old man up there??!!!! bwahahahahaha.....writers. sheesh!!

    Knit. Knit. Knit. of which I know nothing. Is this all you wanna talk about? Oh wait...it's a knitting blog. There's that.
    Carry on................(wit yur bad self!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Ysolda's designs. I'm doing her Peak Island Hood scarf right now for Manda. While I bitch about the endless seed stitch, the scarf really is lovely and I can't wait to see the finished product. I purchased the download for Whimsical Little Knits 2 and the Snap Dragon flip tops are totally on my to do list too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely yarn she used. I love orange.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ysolda is an amazing designer and really who does stuff like that reverse designing. Who has time for that, really?

    ReplyDelete