- Knit a few charity items this year. Helmet liners, chemo caps, etc. It's pretty amazing to me that I can do something I really love doing, and make somebody else's life better while doing it. Rock on.
- Knit a pair of $%#*! socks.
- Forget about learning to knit Continentally for now. It's not going to happen any time soon. I simply don't want to change how I knit at this point in time. I like my current technique, I am quite fast, and it makes me happy. I am not counting it out for the future.
- Query knitting magazines about article possibilities.I'm on the path. I have written quite a few knitting articles for eHow and I really love doing that. So going more indepth than I can in a 500 word piece looks REALLY appealing to me.
- Design, design, design. I'm ready. Willing. Gonna do it. I swear. I've designed some stuff on the fly for eHow articles. Why can't I do it for myself? I know DAMN WELL how sweaters go together now, and yeah. I can do it. I can do it...
- Design and knit Bruce a sweater. He needs another one. I think I've got his neck covered for a while. (four scarves)
- Meditate. I'd like to do this daily, for at least 15 minutes. I'm not sure if this is an attainable goal. I did yesterday. I'm going to try today. My friend (and knitting protege) K over at AnnieMall is also trying to make some changes in her life. I'm checking in for the meditation stuff in her comments.
- Try to do yoga twice a week. I can do twice a week. This is attainable. Plus, I enjoy it. Why don't I do something that I enjoy? Why, that, my dear friends, is the question of 2011.
- Acquire an SLR. Yup. My mom sent me one of my father's old ones. I got some good photos out of it before the batteries died. I'll need to get new juice, and then that sucker will be up and running again. Apparently I have a touch more photography knowledge than I thought, but I still need to learn more.
- Complete six designs and have them test knitted. Nopety nopety no. There's always this year.
- Selling designs? nope.
- Eating more healthfully? Oh yeah. My stomach issues definitely saw to that. I ate better, had very few (less than 15) alcoholic drinks last year, lost some weight. Tummy issues have started up again, but I'm trying to deal with them more aggressively this time around, taking supplements, eating things that make me feel better, etc.
- Improve employment situation. Definitely took care of this one. And I'm moving quickly towards DOING EXACTLY WHAT I want to be doing. Which is incredibly exciting to me. Bruce, too. And dealing with the employment sitch has made me a much happier Virginia. Though I still find I'm holding on to some resentment regarding my last position. I think I've forgiven all, and then I have a memory or a flashback and go back to steaming rage. Ah well. I'll let go of that when I'm good and ready to.
- Knit socks. Heh. Obviously didn't happen. I think I said exactly the same thing last year regarding socks as I did above.
- Finish Bruce's sweater. Yep, even if it was a fair to middlin failure.
- Finish Ella's sweater. Yes. Wasn't a failure. But I did forget to get photos of it.
- Make a nupp. Nope, no nupps. I have plans. Bruce got me the book Knitted Lace of Estonia and it is chock full of nupps. And pretty pretty lace. That I will probably never wear, but will have a blast and a half knitting.
- Learn to knit continentally. Nope. Not ready.
Not too bad, all things considered.
I definitely hit the ones that I needed to keep me from going insane. Such as food and job.
Anybody else have resolutions going? I know Karen had some great ones...