Friday, September 25, 2009

Putting the ass back in class...

I started my Damson today, and it's an awesome pattern. After I got over my initial fear of the beginning part (which read weird, but knitted perfectly), it breezed along until I got to the stitch marker part.

I ran across the street to the hardware store and picked up some washers to use as markers, but that didn't work, so I ran to my jewelry drawer and found my old nipple rings, which work perfectly. Classy, no? I can't think of a better use.


Here's a shot of the yarn I'm using for the damson, and the rings are towards the bottom of the picture. Woo!

Law of Simplicity

A simple lunch:


Very simple. Sandwich = Whole grain bread (very few ingredients), smoked ham, brie, mixed spicy baby greens (pea, radish, etc).

Book = "The Laws of Simplicity" by John Maeda

Awesome book. Excellent lunchtime reading. Very inspiring for the knitting. Also, has a great deal of the shiny on the cover. I like the shiny.

Mr. Maeda's website is shiny also. You should look at it. Really.

1 comment: