Tuesday, September 1, 2009

New Knitting

I was getting a leeeeeeeeeetle bored with the 1x1 rib I'm doing for my super secret Christmas gift, and the straight stockinette that I'm doing for the Veronique. Plus, I'm not feeling all that well, and I have to learn something new to complete the next step of the Veronique, so that's on hold until I'm feeling better. Learning something new when attempting to think through a head cold doesn't sound like the best idea.

Anyway, I decided that I didn't want to knit yet another yoked cardigan out of the malabrigo worsted (see The Case of the Expanding Sweater below), so I've started to make a Liesl.

Here's a pic of the sweater from the designer's website. This is, as best as I can tell, a shot of the very young and very cute (and very skinny) designer. Oh, and she's Scottish. And her name is Ysolda Teague. Does it get any better than that, really? For a knitter, I mean?

I've been in love with her designs for a while, and I'm very very excited to make the Liesl.

Also, Liesl is a lace pattern, and I can't tell you how much I absofruitly adore knitting lace. All this boring knitting produces really cool garments, but holy hell, I'm boring myself to death with them. So I HAD to start something that was a least a little intellectually challenging. And the Liesl does it.


This weekend when I get a moment, I'll have Bruce take some photos of me in the Whisper Cardigan to post on the blog. Maybe at the Botanical Gardens. That would be nice.

1 comment:

  1. If you like lace knitting you will love Liesl - it's such a super fast knit too - I hate lace knitting and mine took just over a week for long sleeves I think! Snuggly as anything (mine is 12ply) and looks great on :) Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete