Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Beautiful Blogger Award

Because I'm beautiful, baby:


My equally beautiful blogging friend, Kate of Lazy Kate Creates gave me this award, which has been a fantastic way for me to find other blogs. In order to accept the award, I must list 10 things that you all may not know about me (which may be difficult) and pass it on to some other beautiful bloggers.

  1. I recently quit my job (my last day is tomorrow) and I am both scared and excited about giving it a go for writing and freelancing and making my own way with my own creativity. Of course this will likely involve a temp job or ten, and some struggle, but I'm looking forward to it.
  2. I firmly believe that knitting lace makes me a better person.
  3. Over the past week it has been difficult to find time to meditate, and I've been missing it. (I think Bruce has been missing it as well.)
  4. A couple of novels have been knocking around in my head and I think I might actually have solved some of the problems I created when I was trying to write them a few years ago.
  5. I think that humility is a vastly underrated virtue, and that we need more of it in the world right now. (Yeah, as you can tell from my proclamations of my own beauty above)
  6. Politically? Eh. I don't trust politicians of any stripe. I'm both rabidly liberal and solidly middle of the road.
  7. I'm rather obsessed with chocolate. Particularly those from Christopher Norman in NYC.
  8. My favorite monument or memorial in NYC is the Irish Hunger Memorial in Battery Park City:
  9. My mother lives in Wheeler, Oregon on the coast. It's a gorgeous place, and I love Oregon dearly. I used to work at Osburn's Ice Creamery in Cannon Beach.
  10. I once had a terrible concussion in which I was knocked out for nearly 3 hours and lost my ability to speak for about a month. It took me a very long time to recover my ability to recall words and orient words properly in sentences. I was towards the end of an intensive summer Hindi immersion class, and completely lost all of my knowledge of the language in one fell swoop. (It has not come back)

And now to pass it on to some of my favorite bloggers (and there are many who are NOT on this list, because they have already been named by somebody else):

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Thank You for sharing such a nice award!

    I love your new details, especially #1 and #4 - it's awesome and so brave to completely jump into your creative life. I'm not there yet, but I hope to be someday. And I also obsess over chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats with the award! And how fun to read about you :-) I wish you all the luck in the world with your writing, hope for lots of published stuff. And what do you know - I too is obsessed with chocolate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh goodness, thank you! You are so sweet.

    And I agree with you on nearly everything there. Humility is a very rare thing these days, and I think often mistaken for that kind of compliment-fishing self-put-down behavior. ick.
    Cannon Beach!! Love!
    And congratulations on quitting your job! I am so thrilled for you, particularly as you are ready to write a book or two. It sounds scary, yes, but a whole new adventure, right? Good luck, darling!

    Daisy

    ReplyDelete