Sunday, September 30, 2012

FO: Vine Loop

I made this loop for my friend Katie. It's another one of those patterns that I SWEAR I will make for myself one of these days, and it's made all the more shameful by the fact that it literally takes NO TIME to knit.

Also, I have the yarn to make myself one. Just hasn't happened yet. I am a slacker. Or something.

Here's Katie's loop unblocked (and me looking grumpy in it):



Pattern: Vine Loop by Melissa LaBarre
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted in Stone Blue
Needle: US 8 (5mm)

Modifications: Katie is rather petite, so I shortened the overall size of this thing from 54 inches around (which probably would have reached her knees) to 36 inches around. It is big enough for me to loop twice around my neck, and it will likely stretch out (the other one I knitted did) with wear, so it should drape nicely. The number of stitches cast on were 144, and I did six repeats of the pattern chart.

In other news, I had my hair done today for the first time in a year. Got it colored (got rid of some of those greys) and cut.  My stylist was this big burly Serbian dude, so that was unique. Gotta love Queens. Also my stylist and his assistant got into a fight (in Serbian) while the assistant was washing my hair. In the middle of the shampoo she dropped my head and stomped out of the salon. Uh. Ok. Also, while the cut is fine (you can see it in the photo above), my stylist decided to blow out my hair into a combination bouffant and Farah Fawcett flip, and then used approximately 15 pounds of hairspray on it to keep it in place. Which, yeah. SO not me. At all. In any way. Bruce said that I was looking very "Queens" after that. As soon as I got home I washed my hair, put nothing in it and let it air dry. The results of my lack of styling are what you see in the picture at the top of the post.

Needless to say, I likely won't be going back to that place. I have such a hard time finding stylists that I like. It's tough. And the ones I do like are generally WAY too expensive for my taste/budget.

Anyway. That's probably more than anyone wanted to know about my hair. And honestly, it'll probably be the last that you hear about it for quite a while.

2 comments:

  1. You think you look grumpy? I'd describe your look as watchful/mysterious. And, of course, accompanied by a GORGEOUS loop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite the crazy Serbians, based on that photo the cut seems to really suit your face. Gorgeous FO! I too keep meaning to make one of those for me but never getting around to it...

    ReplyDelete