Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Insanity

I are havings sanity problemz.

I decided to make two baby projects by Christmas, oh, say, two weeks ago. I ordered the yarn for one, which is of course, the larger project, in cotton, which, I might add, I hate knitting with, and it arrived yesterday. The larger project is a Hap Blanket for my sister-in-law who is due any day now. I need to finish this before I see her on the 26th. Did I mention that I might have gone a little insane?

Here's the yarn for the Hap Blanket:




The other project is the Snug sweater, which I have mostly completed, I just need to knit the collar and hood.

Here's the progress on that.


Needs some blocking, but otherwise looks cute. I swear, this thing is about as big as my hand.Also, I'm learning all kinds of new skills on this project such as grating, provisional cast ons and sewn bind offs (Thank you, Helen, for this suggestion). All of which are keeping me entertained on an otherwise boring garter stitch knit.

Anyway. Yeah. Pray for me. Light a candle. Something. Please.

4 comments:

  1. You can do it, yes you can! Woohoo! I'm cheering you on, I hope you can hear it all the way over the Atlantic :)

    I'm leaving for my internet-less parents tomorrow morning, so I won't be back until Sunday evening, and I wanted to wish you a happy holiday (with the sanity intact!)

    Hugs / Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am questioning your sanity. Although I want to snuggle with yarn for the hap blanket and take a nap just thinking about all that knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are crazy! good luck finishing it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luckily, the insanity is catching. I can categorically state that we're all rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete