Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Finished Object: Hap Blanket

Yes, I finished off the insanity Hap Blanket last night for my sister-in-law's forthcoming baby. Georgia and I will likely walk it over to the Post Office today to ship it, and my neice's Christmas present.

The blanket itself is very fluid and drapey. I'm a fan. However I will say that the Comfy Bulky yarn is definitely not a true bulky. It's more like a heavy worsted weight. Despite the fact that it is cotton blend yarn, I actually didn't have too much trouble with it drying out my hands.

Pattern: Hap Blanket (my rav page)
Yarn: Knit Picks Comfy Bulky in Ivory and Adobe
Needle: US 11 (8mm)



I started on a honey cowl for myself last night, however I'm not wild about my yarn choice. Will I ever learn about variegated yarns? Sigh.

9 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are done already! It's beautiful! Our post offices are closed yesterday and today, can you believe that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blanket looks great. Hope you stay warm on your walk to the post office. Sounds like you got all the snow I was wishing for and then some extra on top of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi darling!!
    Happy new year for you and your family!!
    I loved this blanket!!
    Kisses from Brasil!!
    Bye!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew this looked familiar! I really like this color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how quickly you finished this blanket! It looks gorgeous and I'm sure the recipient will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blanket is beautiful!

    I was listening to a lot of NPR yesterday and thought of you. There was a lot of talk about New York and the snow. I'm glad you're not snowed in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Variegated yarn looks so good in the skein! Im always tempted, but through the years I've come to realize that shaded solids are the best of both worlds- so pretty, but not so busy that it's totally distracting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's lovely :-) And I don't want to talk about variegated yarns. I use them a lot for socks and there is invariably a "join" waiting for me somewhere in the last quarter of the skein so it can throw off my efforts at matching the stripes on the second sock :-(

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blanket is so beautiful, love the colors you have used! Hope you are all fine after blizzard and snow. We saw on the news from lots of snow in NYC some days ago :-) We are blessed with not too much of the white thing, but here are COLD!! Happy New Year Virginia!

    ReplyDelete