Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Titles

I like to look at the blog posts I've done on any given project and Ravelry's blog pickup feature has been particularly craptacular about picking up on my blog posts. And I think a major part of that problem may be the fact that I'm rebelling at putting titles on my posts and stuff.

So I'm titling. Maybe I should also label? That would be... revolutionary. For me anyway.

Did I mention that last night I was dreaming in blog? I was swearing (in my dream) about figuring out how to do strikethrough text in HTML because I had a really funny post I was writing which an incredibly appropos use of the strikethrough, and couldn't effin figure out how to do it. I don't know why it didn't occur to me to, oh, say, google it. Dream logic. Go figure.

I miss the dreams in which I was flying. I only ever got a few inches off the ground, but it was so nice to not have to deal with gravity for a while there. Better than swimming.

And on to actual knitting news...

So the sweater of doom (note ironic and slightly humorous use of strike through there) Bruce's sweater is finally nearing completion. However, I don't think I have enough yarn to finish it off. Heh. Oops. So I went back to the yarn store to buy more, only to discover that the yarn in question has been discontinued, and they're sold out of the color I wanted.

Thank you. I have created for myself quite the wee problem now, haven't I? I googled the yarn and came up with a big fat lot of nothing. I may hit up some of the peeps on Ravelry for their stashed yarn, but the dye lot will probably be different. Do I care at this point? Maybe. But I really just want the effin thing done. This is the longest I've worked on a project somewhat continuously and honestly, it should have gone faster.

I'm taking a little break from all knitting tonight (except for ends weaving-in-ing) because I think I'm getting a little burnt out. Although I am kind of itching to work on the Citron now.

5 comments:

  1. Of course, knowing my own propensity for talking in my sleep, I may not have only been swearing in my dream.

    Bruce?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time for some different yarn, and a fair isle top! save a bit of the yarn (for bind off) and get something that matches.. (sort of ) and do a bit of color work at the top (stripes count!--you don't have to do stranded color work!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is too bad to run out of yarn, but you try Ravelry - hope you are lucky! Or else, do as OfTroy say - make it stranded or striped, that will solve it all :-) I call dreams where I fly nightmare lol. Well not by plane, but I like to keep my feet on floors or ground :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like OfTroy's idea! You could definitely add some interest to the top by just adding some color work if you can't find more of the same dyelot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I detected no swears...unless they came out as loud, obnoxious hiccups?

    ReplyDelete