Saturday, November 5, 2011

Finished Object: Tide Pooling Socks

I finished my Tide Pooling socks (my rav link) today, and they're pretty awesome. The second sock was disastrous, and I had to rip and re-knit three times.

The first time, I'd gotten all the way up to the toe and discovered I'd dropped a bunch of stitches when I was doing the gusset decreases. Oops.

The second time, I'd picked up the stitches wrong.

The third time, I got all the way to the toe, kitchenered it, and then discovered the sock was a half inch shorter than the other. Sigh.

Anyway, here they are:

Interestingly, even though I had the exact same gauge and everything, the blue pooled pretty badly on the second sock, right above where I started the heel, and then went back to striping around the fot. Also, on the second sock, the white stripe is much more prominent than it was on the first sock.

Anyway, here's another shot:

Not too concerned about the lack of matchiness, and I adore these guys. So YAY!

Oh, and I also finished the Herbivore, but still need to block it. I think that's going to a friend who may or may not read this blog, so I won't post pictures, however, I will post a link to my Rav page.


  1. I like them :-) Sometimes the randomness of the striping is like a test to see if other people are awake ;-)

  2. They're lovely! I like mismatched socks :)

  3. Congrats on your finished socks, I think they're awesome!

  4. Oh well, we have done it before haven't we :-) Frogging is what we really know within knitting :-) But the socks turned out lovely!

  5. I love how fun and playful these ones are!