Monday, November 15, 2010

A Little Bronx Flava

Had a seriously busy weekend, and didn't get much knitting done, but I thought I'd share a little bit of our neighborhood with you all today.

Perches reminded me of one of the things that cracks me up in our hood: that every bakery labels meringue as "merengue" (as in the dance) because 99% of the folks here are from the Dominican Republic.

So, here's what we see on the street and on the beach during the summer... BACHATA!:

(and a linky here if the embed doesn't work for you)


3 comments:

  1. And there wasn't a dry seat in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why V......everytime I put my daaaaancin' shoes on, that's what happens. In my living room on Saturday nights...even with my lil white sophiejane walking around while we daaaaance!!
    Cereally, we love salsa and while traveling in the islands, it's a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are really amazing dancers... i can watch and watch this video, i loved it! :)
    Also, i loved the yarn store... what paradise you have so near you, congrats :)

    ReplyDelete